Color Scheme : DEFAULT  
Welcome Guest Login or Signup

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0

Total Views: 670 - Total Replies: 0

POSTED BY: Silvermist on 10/09/2009 15:47:21

Lisa Ray diagnosed with a rare type of cancer

New Delhi: 'Kasoor' fame actress Lisa Ray has been diagnosed with incurable cancer.

The beautiful actress wrote in her blog, "I am suffering from Multiple Myeloma, a rare and incurable cancer of the white blood cells."

Lisa Ray started her career as model and made debut to Bollywood in 2001 with 'Kasoor'.

Her fans and colleagues shocked after she revealed the tragic news on her blog at the 'Yellow Diaries' on September 8.

In her blog, she wrote: "I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma cancer on June 23."

Lisa Ray has hogged limelight recently for her lesbian role in Shamim Sharif's I Can't Think Straight. The movie is scheduled for release on September 11.

She also received acclaim for Deepa Mehta's ‘Water'. Lisa had also been crowned as 'The Most Beautiful Woman of the Millenium".

What is Multiple Myeloma? is a rare and incurable kind of cancer of the white blood cells. The plasma cells in the bone marrow begins rampaging, multiplying and squeezing out the red blood cells.

Highlights of Lisa Ray's blog post:

"I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma on June 23rd and started my treatment on July 2nd…not long ago."

"For me, it was a relief to hear what was wrong. The plasma cells in my bone marrow were rampaging, multiplying, squeezing out the red blood cells and it was time to begin doing something about it. You just know when something is kosher with your body. When I got the news, I didn't react and didn't cry. I am an actress, believe me, I can be dramatic," she further wrote. "I believe it can be cured. That's the dirty realist in me."

"My bone marrow started sending me messages a few months ago." "I am going to do everything I can to create awareness on cancer," she says.

--------------------------------------------------------------
To love someone is one thing, to be loved is another, to be loved by the one you love is everything.
29/04/2024

*** NkuT.Com ***