Color Scheme : DEFAULT  
Welcome Guest Login or Signup

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0

Total Views: 2146 - Total Replies: 2

POSTED BY: djsamaa on 06/08/2009 13:17:26

Shab - E - Barat – The Night Of Forgiveness.

The holy Lailatul Barat will be observed on the night of August 6 .The decision was taken at a meeting of the National Moon Sighting Committee at the Islamic Foundation

The month of Sha’ban is the eighth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. The fifteenth night of this month is known as Laylatul Bara’ah or Laylatun Nisfe min Sha’ban in the Arab world. In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Afghanistan, etc., it is known as Shab-e-barat.

Shab-E-Barat means the night of forgiveness or Day of Atonement. In Persian language, ‘Shab’ means night and ‘Barat’ means ‘the night of commission or assignment’. In Arabic language, however, the day is known as Lailatul Bara'at, meaning the night of emancipation.

Shab-e Barat.It is the special night of seeking forgiveness and repenting to Almighty
Allah, remembering our past sins and sincerely settling the mind that one will never commits sins in the future.

Muslims hold a belief that if someone prays to Allah throughout the night and seek forgiveness for all the sins he may have committed, he could be forgiven. Therefore, the entire night of prayer is devoted to asking for forgiveness for the past year and for good fortune in the year to come.

Imam Tirmizi has recorded the following Holy Hadith :

“Narrated Hazrat Ayesha that one night (Prophet's wife awoke and) she did not find Prophet (Pbuh) (in his bed). She went out (to search for him) and found him in Baqi’ (the graveyard in Madinah)... The Prophet (Pbuh) said: In the night of 15th of Sha’ban, Allah descends to the lowest of skies and grants pardon to the people more than the number of hair of the goats of Kal’b tribe.”

The month of Sha’ban is a great month.In this month Allah takes the account of His creation. The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) loved to fast during this month. He used to fast most of the month of Sha’ban.

After sunset during the night of Middle of Sha’ban, Allah in His great mercy and kindness turns towards His creation and asks, “Is there anyone who would seek My forgiveness and I forgive him/her? Is there anyone who is in need to ask Me and I provide for his/her needs. Is there anyone who in pain and seek My help and I help him/her? Is there? Is there? until the time of Fajr (morning prayer).

Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) recommended prayers during this night and fasting during the following day.

It reported that the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) used to visit the Muslim cemetery on this evening and he used to pray for the deceased Muslims. These are the things that we learn from some Ahadith (Words of Prophet) about the significance of this night.

Muslims accomplish good deeds with care. Often many Muslims have a good intention, Satisfy the Almighty, However very unfortunately they don’t accomplish the deed in the in the right way. How can such a deed then be accepted as ‘good’? Wrong way of accomplishing deeds spoil our outcome.

Before performing any deed a Muslim must always ask: Am I accomplishing a good deed with right intention and am I doing it in the right way?

The right way and only accepted way is the Way of our Beloved Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) Way of performing Deed.

It is our duty to take advantage of all good occasions to revive our faith, to purify our souls and to increase our love and devotion to the Almighty.

Shab-e-Barat is observed with due solemnity and religious fervor in different parts of the world. Specially in the Indian subcontinent, the night is observed as an age old celebration.It may be noted that there is no mention of Shab-E-Barat in the holy book of Quran.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Here comes d trendsetter .. .

POSTED BY: indiana on 06/08/2009 14:44:22

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

POSTED BY: Alishh on 08/08/2009 17:41:18

Allaah’s descending to the first heaven does not only happen on the night of the fifteenth of Sha’baan, rather it is proven in al-Saheehayn(Bukhaari and Muslim) and elsewhere that Allaah descends to the first heaven every night, in the last third of the night. The night of the fifteenth of Sha’baan is included in this general meaning.

In general all the nights of a Muslim are excellent nights since Allah descends every night in the last third of the night and Says: Is there anyone to invoke Me that I may respond to his invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone asking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

We do not know the day of "Bara" and there is no such night in Sharia to our knowledge.And there is no true evidence specifying the night of Isra/Miraaj. .All the narrations concerning these nights are weak. Celebrating or making certain kinds of worship is forbidden since the companions of the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who are the good examples for us did not do such things. If celebrating or doing any special worship would have been a good act, then they would have done them before us. Dear brothers/sisters, try to follow the Sunnah only and avoid all innovation.

Service Not Available

bhai kehta hai ke tm tu paida he jhoot bolne ke liye hoi ho

bhai kehta hai ke bakwas na kiya kro

28/03/2024

*** NkuT.Com ***